Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sophie Duran

I've been a little obsessed with silk velvet lately.  I have this tiny scrap of leopard print silk velvet from my grandmother's fabric stash that I cherish.  My mother-in-law gave me her vintage mink coat, and it has the most luxurious silk velvet lined pockets.  Lately, I've been on the hunt for the perfect silk velvet dress to wear to a New Year's party.  If you look at my etsy favorites right now, you'll find a ridiculous amount of velvet crap.  This, this, and this are all calling my name.  This dress from Madewell was just a dream dress, and now it's sold out.  Boo on that.  And now I'm looking into buying silk velvet by the yard, so that I can sew something.  It's probably a silly idea since I hardly ever sew and have never sewn velvet.

So, you can probably see how these scarves from Sophie Duran are totally blowing my world.  They are insanely beautiful.  Some are printed on silk crepe de chine, but it's the ones printed on silk velvet to which I'm partial.  Thanks to Miss Moss for sharing these beauties. 






No comments:

About Me

My photo
hello, my name is adrienne. my favorite color is green. my next favorite color is different green.