Wednesday, May 20, 2009

small is big, big is small.

well now, i've been gone for a while. did you miss me? ha ha.

i finally finished school and graduated on may 8th with my MFA from Cranbrook Academy of Art, in the Printmedia department. i had a great time at school, and i already miss my pals up north, but i'm glad to be back in texas with my sweetheart, my family and friends, and the summer weather.

here are some photos of the work that i made for my graduate thesis exhibit. the piece was titled "small is big, big is small." it was house paint and transparent medium painted directly on a 17 foot wide by 14 foot tall wall. the small drawings (ink, watercolor, and gouache) are paper mounted on wooden supports and then attached to the wall.

small is big, big is small.

small is big, big is small.

some details:

small is big, big is small. (detail)

small is big, big is small. (detail)

small is big, big is small. (detail)

small is big, big is small. (detail)

small is big, big is small. (detail)

small is big, big is small. (detail)

photos by PD Rearick.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
hello, my name is adrienne. my favorite color is green. my next favorite color is different green.